Effective Date: 3/25/21
Welcome and thank you for visiting Ella Works website (“Site”). We envision a world where every woman works of her own volition in an environment free of harassment, oppression, violence, and exploitation. As such, we at Ella Works take the privacy of all visitors to our websites very seriously. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) informs you how we handle privacy matters and processes your Personal Information. For the purpose of this Notice, “Personal Information” means any Personal Information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. We obtain Personal Information relating to you from various sources described below. “Services” means providing best-in-class career preparation services.
This Notice applies to the Ella Works website, www.ellaworks.org, and all Personal Information that is shared when you visit the site or interact with our Services. By using the Site, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Notice.
Through our Site and our Services, we may receive information that, alone or in combination with other information, could be used to identify an individual. We may receive information (including Personal Information) in the following ways:
Personal Information That You Provide to Us
When you request information from Ella Works or interact with Services, we may receive the following Personal Information from you:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
When you send email or other communications to Ella Works, we may keep those communications to process your questions, respond to your requests and improve our Site. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our Services.
How We Use Information Collected
- To operate, maintain, enhance and provide features of the Services, to provide the Services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, and otherwise to provide support to users.
- To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- To a potential or actual acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- To contact you for administrative and informational purposes. This may include providing customer service or sending communications, including changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- For marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest.
- For our business purposes, such as audits, security, compliance with our internal policies, license agreements with content providers, applicable laws and regulations, fraud and financial crime monitoring and prevention.
How We Share Your Personal Information
- To our affiliates and subsidiaries for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
- To our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other Services.
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- We may also share Personal Information about you with other third parties with your permission. We may use and disclose aggregate information that does not identify or otherwise relate to an individual for any purpose, unless we are prohibited from doing so under applicable law.
Ella Works has developed or engaged technical and organization measures designed to protect Personal Information against unauthorized access or misuse. However, the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be fully secure and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
Children Under 13
Our Services and Site are not directed at children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect or receive Personal Information from them. If we learn that we have received Personal Information from a child who is under 13, we will delete the data. If you believe that we have received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Do Not Track Signals
Our Site currently does not respond to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals and operates as described in this Notice, whether or not a DNT signal is received.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice at any time. We will post all changes to this Privacy Notice on this page and will indicate at the top of the page the modified notice’s effective date. We therefore encourage you to refer to this page on an ongoing basis so that you are aware of our current privacy notice. If required by the applicable law, we will notify you if the changes. By continuing to use the Site and/or the Services or providing us with information following such a replacement Notice being uploaded, you agree that you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by the Privacy Notice as changed.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact us at: